Topic of the Week
Corporate Whistleblowing: What Actions by a Whistleblower Does the Law Protect
In recent years financial corruption and crises have led to increased more regulation of corporations and the financial industry and corporations. Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank impose various financial reporting obligations on publicly traded companies. T
Blog of the Week
The Trucking Industry Is a “Sweatshop on Wheels.” Here’s How Kavanaugh Could Make It Worse.
The Court will determine whether workers in the hyper-exploitive trucking industry can sue their bosses for breaking the law.
Thought for the Week
"Whisper networks are a double-edged sword: the same secrecy that protects victims and whistleblowers can shield perpetrators as well."
–Sarah Jeong, The Verge
List of the Week
from Workplace Fairness
Top Searches for Whistleblower Laws This Week:
- Federal Employee Whistleblowers: Whistleblower Protection Act
- Trucking Whistleblowers: Surface Transportation Assistance Act
- Corporate Whistleblowers: Sarbanes-Oxley/Dodd-Frank
- Environmental Whistleblowers: Occupational Safety and Health Act
Top Five News Headlines
- This is how getting fired is more financially devastating for women
- Gig Economy Prime Target for Labor Department Opinions
- It’s official: D.C. Council has repealed Initiative 77
- The Employer Surveillance State
- McDonald’s Labor Case Gets Political